Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February 15, 2009-Fall EDM 310 Podcasts

I have examined two podcasts. Each one can be found at the website: edm310fall08.blogspot.com. The first poscast was entitled ALEX and ACCESS: Alabama Distant Learning. The presenters were: Alison Davis, Kellie Brooks, and Brooke Elder. The second podcast was entitled: Distant Learning in Alabama: ALEX and ACCESS. The presenters for this podcast were Susan Smith, Bridget Thompson-Hall, and Angela Minish. I chose these podcasts because my group and I plan to do our podcast on the same subject. I wanted to see not only how to do this type of podcast by examining those of my peers, but I also wanted to see how I could perhaps imporove my podcast over their efforts.
The first podcast, ALEX and ACCESS: Alabama Distant Learning, was full of valuable information. However, the delivery of the information sounded flat. It could have been more conversational. There was also a lot of transferring of information from person to person and the information did not seem well organized. The second podcast, Distant Learning in Alabama: ALEX and ACCESS was also full of information. The first speaker was not flat at all but her voice had much expression. The information was well organized, but I could tell as the podcast went on, that each presenter was reading from a script. However, towards the end, the presenters began to give their personal opinions of ALEX and ACCESS and the conversation became more relaxed and realistic. Overall, though, I found the podcasts interesting and informative.
For my own podcast, I will have lots of new and updated information from a variety of sources including the School Board. My group and I will rehearse our ifromation to the point that we can present it in a more unscripted, conversational way. I also think that it will be helpful to offer our own critiques and feelings about ALEX and ACCESS and how these programs will impact us as teachers. With these tips in mind, I hope to present a better podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment